I am by no means a low maintenance gal. I love a full face of make up, clothes, fancy coffee drinks, etc. However since becoming a Mom of two, it has become harder to find “me” time and focus on these things. So today, I’m sharing some of my must have beauty items for quick and easy makeup!
- I love hopping out of the shower and starting the day with the Mario Badescu Facial spray. It’s totally an uncessary step, but it makes me feel extra fancy. Plus, the price point is excellen! I’ve tried a few of the scents and have liked them all.
- Having a newborn comes along with many sleepless nights. Thus, I CANNOT live without my concealer. I use it to brighten up those under eyes and actually look alive! I usually have two concealrs; one that is a little more natural and one that is a little fuller coverage for those mornings after a v long night. Concealer is also great to hide any blemishes from those hormonal changes.
- I highly suggest finding yourself a mutlipurpse palette. I’ve really been loving the Becca x Khloe Kardashian and Malika Haqq Bronze, Blush and Glow palette. I use the bronzer and blush topper as eye shadows! The Glow in this palette is R E A L and perfect for summer time. I love the effortless, sunkissed look that it gives the skin.
- A great mascara is another necessity. I never feel complete without it. I love buying the travel size mascara. I find that they don’t dry out before you are able to use them this way. This way you are also salving a few extra dollars.
- One of my A L L time FAVORITE makeup products is lipstick, and I’m not picky. I love ’em all! There are so many different options when it comes to finishes, colors, and price points. There is literally something for everybody. Plus, lipstick is a great way to dress up any look and feel a little extra special.
- I always have makeup wipes on hand. I bought the Burt’s Bees Micellar Water Towellets in a travel pack for my hospital bag, and they have become my new favorite. I usually take my makeup off with these before any kind of cleansing. They are great to clean up any mistakes while you’re doing your makeup. ANNNDDD they work really well in a pinch to clean up toddler messes #momhack
- A good lip mask at bedtime saved our lips during the winter months. Kennedy was getting terribly chapped lips. We started doing a lipmask at night and it helped her tremendously. I really love the Laneige lip masks. I had a travel size that I keep in my purse and wear throughout the day as lipgloss!
- Dry shampoo.. need I say more?
- SPF yo face. This is something relatively new to me and my makeup routine. right now I’m trying the SUPERGOOP! Everyday Sunscren Broad Spectrum SPF 50. So far I like it a lot, I find that it wears really well under my makeup.
- Last but not least get a special product, or do something a little extra for your self. I love to do a facemask at night after the kiddos have gone to bed. Even if its just painting your nails, or hell remembering to brush your teeth. Do something for you! ‘Cause we both know you deserve it
You don’t have to use all of these items to achieve a great makeup look. In fact, you can use whichever you are most comfortable with, and that make you happy. I enjoy trying out new products So what are your makeup must haves? I would love to know! Leave them in the comments below. 🙂